Fireworks may be fun for most of us, but for our pets they can be terrifying.
According to the RSPCA, 45% of dogs show real fear when they hear the bangs, and they can be equally traumatising for cats and other pets.
So with Bonfire Night fast approaching, here at Fetch we list some tips that could help your animals.
• Try to keep your pets indoors when it’s dark outside to reduce their exposure to fireworks
• Keep your windows and curtains closed to block out the bangs and flashes
• Turn up the volume on your television to drown out the noise from outside
• If possible try to stay in with your pet during the fireworks season
• Create safe places or dens in your home where your pets can hide and feel secure
• Provide extra bedding that your pet can burrow in
• For pets living outside, if it’s not possible to move them indoors, their pens should be partly covered with blankets